Make the Night Restful, Not Painful
Aches and pains can keep you up all night, but now they don’t have to. Unisom PM Pain combines a nighttime sleep aid with the leading pain reliever,1 acetaminophen.
This dual-action sleep-aid is safe, non-habit forming, and helps you sleep soundly. Unisom PM Pain takes the aches, pains, headaches, and sleepless nights away, so you’ll be rested and ready for whatever tomorrow throws your way.
- Leading OTC Pain Reliever
- 1 Caplet, 2 Solutions
What Is Diphenhydramine HCl?
Diphenhydramine HCl is a non-habit forming antihistamine that helps you get a safe, restful night’s sleep. It works by blocking the effects of a naturally occurring neurotransmitter your body makes called histamine.2 When histamine is reduced, you experience drowsiness, which allows you to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.
(in each caplet)
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Diphenhydramine HCl 50 mg
- temporary relief of occasional headaches and minor aches and pains with accompanying sleeplessness
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, asks a doctor or pharmacist.
- in children under 12 years of age
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- drowsiness will occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- do not drive a motor vehicle or operate machinery
Drug Facts (continued)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 2 weeks. Insomnia may be a symptom of serious medical illness.
- pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
adults and children 12 years and older:
- take 1 caplet at bedtime
- do not take more than 1 caplet of this product in 24 hours
children under 12 years: do not use this adult product in children under 12 years of age, this will provide more than the recommended dose (overdose) and may cause liver damage.
blue 1 lake, croscarmellose sodium, dicalcium phosphate, hydroxypropylcellulose, hypermellose, magnesium silicate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, mineral oil, pregelatinized corn starch, PVP, silica, sodium carboxymethyl starch, stearic acid (283-056)
1 Nielsen xAOC sales units 52 weeks ending 3/15/14