A Couple Of Tips That’ll Do The Trick
Counting sheep isn’t always a good strategy for getting to sleep. Here are a few recommendations for maintaining healthy sleep habits.
Tips for a Restful Night
- Go to bed and arise around the same time every day
- Engage in relaxing activities prior to bedtime
- Exercise regularly but not late in the evening
- Avoid eating immediately before bedtime
- Eliminate daytime naps
- Minimize external disruptions like light and noise
- Avoid foods or beverages in the afternoon and evening that contain caffeine
- Avoid alcohol and nicotine use late in the evening
- Drink a glass of water before bed
- Do not use tech gadgets late in the evening
- Reduce the amount of time spent watching TV or reading in bed
If you have trouble falling asleep, do not become anxious. Leave the bedroom and do a relaxing activity until you become drowsy.
If your sleeplessness persists, you don’t have to go it alone. Since 1978, millions of people have turned to Unisom for a restful night’s sleep.